Skip to main content

Sidmouth 2012

After a week of fantastic music and company we are back at my parents house. Lots of photos in this post.

The weather started of quite breezy - good for the Olympic sailors round the headland at Weymouth and good for waves

but calmed down towards the end of week when we had no waves at all

Looking west from the Esplanade


Looking east from the Esplanade

it was so lovely that my brother went for a plodge - apparently it was colder than it looks!

We spent a lot of time in this marquee at The Ham

The Ham from Port Royal
And saw bands like Dervish (traditional Irish music)

and Show of Hands, Martin Simpson, Eliza Carthy and Norma Waterson, Jackie Oates, Oysterband, June Tabor, Brass Monkey, Pete Coe, John McCusker, John Doyle and Michael McGoldrick, John Spiers and Jon Boden and Fay Hield - lots and lots of traditional and contemporary English, Irish and Scottish folk music - heaven!

We went to some (English) ceilidhs in the Anchor

And played some music ourselves on the Esplanade!

From the left: Roy, Robin (my brother), Alison, Kate, me (in orange), Janet, Jeff, Dad
Oh - and I found a patchwork shop....

357 days till Sidmouth 2013!

Comments

Cherie said…
What fun pictures! It's nice to relax by the sea.
Patchwork shop? =D
Katherine said…
What a great time and I love that sort of music too. We have a Celtic festival here once a year and thoroughly enjoy ourselves. There is also a summer jazz and winter blues festivals as well.
Seems like you had a real nice time. Relaxation and music. Wonderful.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more