Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Tugging and Tweaking

Thank God for bias edges - quilt police look away now!

I have finished my Sew Intertwined Quilt top (regular readers will know that I make this annoucement before adding borders).

I love the blocks used to make up this quilt, and I learnt some new techniques along the way.

But. Something went wrong when I trimmed the woven blocks. Some of the seams were up to half an inch out. Thankfully they had bias edges :) so I tugged and tweaked and pressed. Visually all of my seams match. And so long as you don't look too close, you can't see the odd pleat in the seams - I'll hide them with some quilting!

Despite that, I love this quilt. I love the colours - soft and warm! And I love the Dresden in the middle - I learnt a new technique for creating the blades and I can definitely see more Dresdens in my future, whereas a month ago I didn't like them! I still need to add the borders, and quilt it, and bind it. But right now it feels like a finish :)

Thank you so much to Jenna and Melissa for hosting such a great quilt along! 

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Such a great looking quilt top! The pattern is gorgeous and such a fun colour combo =D

Nic said...

It looks great. All those blocks go very well together. As does the fabric you chose.

Melissa said...

It turned out so beautifully! I can't wait to see how you quilt it :) I need to figure out how I am going to quilt mine!