But this year I remembered! And one of those advent calendars is now finished (the second is a little way behind).
The design is based on a pattern in issue 13 of Love Patchwork and Quilting but I made a few changes... I made the whole thing bigger so I could fit on the kids' names (to prevent arguments, perhaps not this year, but definitely in the future);
I quilted the background with a fairly wide cross hatch just to give it some more body when I fill the pockets with goodies and prevent the front sagging too much, and that meant that I bound it rather than bagged it;
I embroidered the numbers because I don't own stamps and also embroidered the top of each pocket but attached them to the background by machine (the opposite to the pattern); and I made the pockets by cutting a piece of fabric double the size, stitching all round RST, and turning through. And I didn't have a pocket for 25th December - you get enough presents that day without chocolate!
But I did add the pom pom trim to the bottom - I've never used it before but it is perfect. And I loved the chunky buttons in the corners.
This was quite a bitty project with lots of hand work. I need to keep momentum going to get Ellie-Jo's finished, and I'm sure I'll be making one for Mia in the future.... for now, this is another tick off my Finish Along list!