Wednesday, 5 November 2014

WIP Wednesday [Foundation Piecing]

Totally unintentionally I have found myself doing a lot of foundation piecing the last few days: I've been making more mini mix-tape blocks for the #IGMiniSwap. I need to add some white to bring it up to size and then decide on some quilting.


I've made the remaining two butterfly blocks for a baby quilt. This is a pattern by Tartan Kiwi and is definitely the best butterfly block I've seen.




I've been catching up on the Vice Versa BOM and rather than use templates, I foundation pieced the funny shaped triangles in these final blocks.
I had a little helper

And today I started some Maltese Cross blocks (also foundation pieced) to finish off the boats baby quilt. The theory is they look a little bit like wind turbines!


Linking up with WIP Wednesday

3 comments:

mustlovequilts.com said...

Those tapes are awesome! Totally agree on the butterfly block, those will be gorgeous in a baby quilt. Great job!

madfabriholic said...

Those tapes are fantastic!

Blogger said...

There's a chance you qualify for a new solar rebate program.
Find out if you are qualified now!