So the last few evenings I've been working on a new 2-in-1 zippy pouch (pattern from S.O.T.A.K handmade). I made a few of these at Christmas and for swaps and loved how quickly they came together. But my one needed something more.
|I added that tag on the left too - not sure what I'll do with it...|
I changed the size - made the bigger one bigger so I can fit in finished 3" hexagons. I added an internal pocket - at the moment I'm thinking it would be a great place to 'park' wonderclips (I've found the to be really useful when piecing long edges such as joining 3" hexagons - they take the strain off my hand).
But the interior panel is where I made the most additions...I added another pocket, with a bit of velcro and a line of hand stitching - measured to be perfect for my scissors, and the velcro discourages them from disappearing! I also made a matching pincushion and needlecase, both with velcro on the back. They can be zipped away in the pouch, or attached to the interior panel.
This is possibly the girliest thing I've ever made - the fabric really isn't my usual pick (I got in an Instagram destash bundle) but as soon as I saw it I knew it would match perfectly with the Sweetwater Noteworthy pink that's been in my stash for a while, and bright yellow! And the cross hatch hand quilting just adds to the cutesy-ness.
All I need to do now is decide which of the EPP projects gets to move in!