Eleven weeks ago I got the book "The New Hexagon" and about a week later I discovered the New Hexagon Millefiori quilt. Eight weeks ago I completed the centre and first round of hexies in the first blocks and last week I finally finished it.
This rosette is one of twelve designed by the author of The New Hexagon, Katja Marek. A new block is released on the first of each month. It uses the blocks from the book, slightly altered in some cases and combined to create secondary patterns.
For this block I made my own templates from card stock and glue basted the fabrics. For the next block I've ordered the pre-cut paper pieces and I'm tempted to go back to thread basting. Whilst glue basting is quick, I've found that with so much handling, some of the pieces have come out...and others set like concrete.... I've now removed all but the outside papers, and thread basted those in place.
Here is my initial fabric for Rosette 3 (I'm skipping 2 because the paper pieces were out of stock!) - I've since been fabric shopping and switched out the fabric on the far right - it's from C&S's new halloween collection and I was going to fussy cut, but there are only 5 usable repeats and I need 6 - more fabric on order and hopefully I can use it in another rosette.
Linking up with Piece Yourself Together!