Saturday, 1 April 2017

FAL Q1 Review

Hmmm - mixed feelings about Quarter 1 - I think that's always the case. There are so many new projects at the start of the year, that I find this quarter is more about starting than finishing! If I'm honest, every quarter is about starting, but some quarters I finish more than I managed in the last three months! You can find my original list here.

I have a final finish to share with you today: a little bath time embroidery hoop. This has been on the list for a while, but when I actually sat down and got on with it, it didn't take long at all! I was inspired by this picture on pinterest. Which I then discovered was based on an illustration by Kurt Halsey - if you do a google image search, he has some wonderful drawings! It's not identical, but I like it. It's stitched in Finca #16 perle thread in stem stitch, back stitch and French knots on a scrap of Architextures cross hatch in Lake - for this reason it's going to hang on Jessica's wall, because I used that same fabric as the background for her baby quilt a year ago!



As for the rest of the list.... My favourite finish this quarter is the My Small World quilt. It's been nearly 2 years in the making and I didn't always like it. But now I absolutely love it.



I also finished Mia's big girl quilt,


And a quilt for Baby Finn



I finished to zippy pouches: one for my hand sewing threads...


...And one because I just love anything Harry Potter!



That's it. There were so many projects on my list that had I just knuckled down and got on with them, would be finished by now. But no. They are destined to reappear on the Q2 list...

Charm About You

3 comments:

Archie the wonder dog said...

Congratulations on all the lovely finishes! *glosses over the starts* *waves pompoms*

CapitolaQuilter said...

Wow, the small world quilt is especially a special finish. Wonderful to have so many beautiful things completed. Congrats on meeting your goal. On behalf of the 2017 FAL hosts, thanks for participating and linking up. Great Job.

Marci Girl said...

What a precious embroidery! Congrats on the finish!