Last night we saw out March in style with my Mum's "significant" birthday party. We had a great weekend down at my Parents and I have some photos to share later this week. For now, a round up of my March sewing:From the top left, aiming for a logical order:
1. Farmers Wife Block #74: Ribbons
2. Indian Summer cushion. This was a present for Granny, and I gave it to her this morning. She really liked it and the colours match her decor perfectly!
3. Oh My Stars: the quilt top is finished, except for a thin border and a wide border, but I couldn't face any more long seams with lots of points to get accurate.
4. Farmer's Wife in Your Life blind runner. My first attempt at binding using only the machine - no more slip stitching for me!
5. Swoon: All nine blocks completed with the Happy Mochi Yum Yum fabric and pieced together.
6.Farmer's Wife block # 28: Duck and Ducklings - a green block for St. Patricks Day
7. Farmer's Wife block #22: Corn and (baked) beans.
8. Jelly Roll Chain quilt
9. Mini Hopscotch: my practice piece before starting the full quilt to check I could make it with my rotary cutter and avoid templates. This is now bound and half quilted and will be a table topper.
10. Incubator Quilt (16x20") to be donated to the charity Tiny Lives at the RVI hospital in Newcastle, who will distribute them to the parents of premature and still born babies. This will hopefully be the first of many, and if you would like to donate your own, you can find the details here.
11. FINISHED: my Chasing Chevrons quilt backed with flannel.
And another project I totally forgot to include in my collage was the cushion cover I made for the mini quilt challenge.
I've learnt a couple of new skills in March: I've attached quilt binding entirely by machine - this was one of my New Years Resolutions, and I learnt to FMQ following a stencil. Both still need lots of practice!
Looking forward to April I am taking part in my first swap and my first bee, I have lots and lots of quilting to do, and two projects I've signed up for, collected fabric, but not started: Stained QAL and New York Beauty QAL.
You will notice, that the March Free Motion Quilting challenge from SewCalGirl is absent. I normally seem to do this on the final day of the month, and this month we were a tad busy, so unfortunately this fell off the bottom of the list. Hoping to catch up in March.
I'm linking up to Fresh Sewing Day and Small Blog Meet over at Lily's Quilts:
Thanks for popping by - what a shame it's Monday tomorrow!