Friday, 13 April 2012

Sunglasses, please, for the Stained QAL

It's a bit bright - I hope you have your sunglasses ready.These are the first 8 blocks in the Stained QAL. I picked lime green, lemon yellow and bright orange. I then spent a lot of time thinking about the pink. In the end I went for it and I'm really glad I did. It took me three hours to do the cutting and I've had to order a new rotary cutting blade :)
I'm hoping to do a few more blocks this weekend, but I have just run out of black thread... grrrr. I bought some two weeks ago, but I cannot find the bag ANYWHERE. It definitely made it into the house, because I pulled my new batiks out of it. Do you know where I've put it?

3 comments:

Megan said...

Isn't it just the most annoying thing in the world when you can't find something you know you have?? This stained glass quilt is going to be beautiful, great colour for when it's dark and grey!

Cherie said...

Love the fabrics and those blocks! Try looking in the last place you would look. =D

Kristi said...

This is stunning...I love the colors and it looks great as a stained glass quilt.