By 6pm yesterday I hade made up all of the individual blocks for the stained quilt.
And by 12.30 today I had a completed quilt top. It is very very bright, and it makes me smile every time I look at it.
The plan is to add a black border (maybe 4-5"), then quilt it and bind it, possibly in the pink stripe fabric. I'm not sure about the quilting - maybe wavy lines - what do you think? That would create a nice lap quilt, but it does look fabulous up on the wall above the sofa in our living room, so do you think my husband would let me hand it there when it's finished? No, me neither. I also need to stop sticking things to this wall with masking tape, as I've started taking the paint off...ooops.... luckily it's a pale yellow wall going down to a white undercoat, so it's not blindingly obvious :)
Last week I signed up for the Finish A Long. Since then I've started more than I've finished.... but one of the projects I listed to get done this quarter was my Ambrosia quilt. It's called that because it's the name of the line of fabric I'm using. When I dashed out to get more thread on Friday, the shop I went to had this range of fabric. But they had more of it! I got half a meter of this green, which is better than the green I have been using (the only fabric not from the range in my original 12 blocks), and this huge scale print, which I'm going to use with some leftovers for the backing.And best of all it was on clearance, reduced from £12.99/meter to £7.99/meter. It was meant to be :)
I'm back at work next week after a week off which has been heaven, but it does mean that my productivity will fall!