Skip to main content

snowing vs sewing

Yesterday it snowed. I know in the UK it takes like 1/2" to create chaos, but yesterday we must have got about 6" - that's a lot. I was stuck at work and watched as it kept snowing. The drive home was a bit hairy, but as I was so late there was no other traffic. I had a little moment trying to turn into our estate when the brakes just didn't work - the curb eventually did the job, with no damage and virtually no audience!

Today I was booked in for a class at my LQS - a bit of the snow had melted. The roads seemed clear on the traffic reports and I chose to ignore the weather forecast of heavy snow and headed out. Good choice - there was no snow all day and I had a ball!

It's always entertaining when Suzy and Sue come to a class - they are like naughty school girls - each trying to do better than the other and telling other they're doing it wrong.

Today's class was a "get to know your sewing machine" day and we made a needle case using the alphabets built into the machine and programming. I had a ball - Suzy and Sue not so much - it was hilarious!


I've just home home and spent 20 minutes finishing off my needle-case. (If you are interested in making your own, the pattern is available from my LQS)

I can now spend the rest of the evening sewing - first challenge - deciding which project to work on!

Comments

Nic said…
Glad you braved the weather. Yesterday everyone seemed to have given in to it here. I walked into town and it was very quiet, and most of the market stalks were absent. Bunch of wimps :)

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more