Skip to main content

WIP Wednesday [lured by the rainbow]

Last week I started my Dear Jane quilt in Kona Snow and all the greens I could find.
A-3 Hunter's Moon
Reverse Applique

Since then I have made four green blocks - two you've already seen - one of them twice already (I'm quite pleased with my first real attempt at applique in the block above, so you get to see it again)!
A-6 Uncle Homer
Rotary Cut
A-2 Buckle My Shoe
Foundation Pieced

This morning I changed my mind. Here's my first yellow block! I'm using some online tutorials for the blocks, and I really really didn't like the look of this block - Y-seams, applique.... no. So I'm having a go at an EPP version.... hopefully it will be better than the one I tried for my Farmer's Wife....
A quarter of A-13 Starlight Starbright

Yep - I have been lured away from the green of last week to a rainbow Jane

But in the process I have convinced Sharon that she should join in the Dear Jane fun! I'm glad I can be a bad influence even from the other side of the world. Is anyone else tackling a Dear Jane this year - would any one like to join us for mutual egging on?

Linking up to WIP Wednesday and heading there now to check out what others are up to!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Comments

You evil woman! lol you might have sold me on the rainbow as well :) Wonder if it's possible to also work from the scrap containers :) Are you working in any specific order (I can tell as I have got the program yet) as I will play catch up and we can do this together :)
Brenda said…
Love the green blocks! Buckle My Shoe is my favorite.
Wendy said…
I am starting my rainbow Jane this month as well, so I will play along with you girls. Maybe this way I will get it done. How many blocks per week/month do you plan to complete?
Kate said…
I'll play Dear Jane too, I have the first 4 rows of mine done and it's been in the cupboard for 18 months now waiting for attention
Nic said…
While the I liked the green Jane, I like a rainbow one too. Look forward to seeing more of these blocks.
Original plan was to start my Jane on Feb 1st. But I'm still waiting for my auditioning fabric to show up. Then have to order the fabric for real. Maybe I should change my colour scheme back to my original plan
verpa said…
Oh, DJ is really the chalenge. I´ve always wanted to make one. Your blocks looks really great.
EPP looks like great choice for this one. I think I might play around with construction techniques for the individual blocks and do what will work best for me also. I see that Kate is joining us too :) We are also stitching Lancaster at the same time. Did we want a little blog just for those starting and sewing with us?

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more