Back in the summer I finished a quilt for some friends following the Jane Austen Sampler Quilt tutorials and using Sweet Serenade by Basic Grey. That whole process went very smoothly, and our friends loved the quilt. I say smoothly. I had one little hiccup... one block. It should have measured 12" finished, instead it measured 10.5" finished. I remade it for the quilt, and the block got put with the other orphan blocks I own.
The other week, I took it out, added some mitred borders (the #365quiltchallenge means I'm definitely not scared of mitres anymore!) and quilted it up. I had enough of the border print fabric from the quilt left over to back it, and I followed my favourite zipped back tutorial to finish it off.
It's quite a petit cushion at 14", at least by my standards, but it will look good with the quilt.
This is a Finish Along finish - you can find my original, slightly daft, list here.