Saturday, 25 January 2014

More scraps and my next project

In my last post you may have noticed that the pile of scraps I was playing with did not just contain green and orange, which I used for my Kindle case, but also purple, pink, grey and turquoise.... these had a different purpose.

More improv piecing, but more controlled - I did this before I did the green and orange as a gentle introduction for non-improv brain. I made two panels. and trimmed to 4.5" x 6" and using the instructions for the prettified pincushion (am I the only one who thinks it says petrified ever time I look at it?) from the Patchwork Please book I made myself a new pincushion.

The top and bottom are all scraps and the sides are a text  print from Architextures. My corners aren't perfect but I'm pretty pleased with the finished item. It's ticked a lot of boxes - scraps, new pincushion, pretty, text print....
This is my favourite side!

This evening is about finishing piecing the baby quilt - all of the blocks are pieced and I now just need to put the blocks together. I picked up some light peach perle thread for the hand quilting yesterday.


And I've already started planning my next EPP project because I've enjoyed this one so much!


2 comments:

scraphappy said...

So many pretty scrap projects. Looks like the baby quilt is coming along nicely. Such a pretty pattern for a baby.

Ada Kopitopoulou said...

I love making things from scraps. The pincushion looks lovely and big! You can put a lot of pins on this one! Stars look very sweet for a baby!