Wednesday, 4 January 2017

Christmas Samplers [Two Finishes]

At 10.30pm on Christmas Eve I finished these very cute Christmas samplers!




The pattern was a mini quilt-along from Sarah at Pretty Fabrics and Trims. It uses all my favourite techniques: piecing, EPP, embroidery, and hand embroidery. And there's some applique too - which I'm getting better at! I made one for me (the one on the right) and one for a Christmas-obsessed friend. Luckily hers turned out far better than mine!  Lessons learned comparing the two: cream or grey - both didn't really work; her buttons are prettier and better contrast; my Christmas tree is drunk!

Despite being a little disappointed with how mine turned out, I thoroughly enjoyed making this little sampler and Sarah is already showing sneak peaks of the next Christmas quilt along - this time a tad larger - starting in February. That may have to go on my list for 2017!

This was another Finish Along finish - you can find my original list here.


2016 FAL

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Looks super cute to me!! On behalf of the 2016 FAL team of hosts, thanks for sewing along with us!

Wendy said...

No don't be disappointed! They both look great to me!