Sunday, 29 July 2012

Picking Colours: Hexagons

I have some hexagon papers! And I'm going on holiday. And I want to use them. But I don't know what I want to do. Possibly a cushion. Possibly a table runner.

First step: pick colours: christmas colours? rainbow? blues and greens and greys inspired by the Pembrokeshire Coastline? None seem to be quite what I want.

So I'm having a browse on Design Seeds and this caught my eye


And here are the fabrics (possibly with a few extra texty prints):


And here is the plan (I still haven't learnt to colour in neatly)! It may grow...or shrink....


Stay tuned....

Edited to add: I totally forgot to mention that the hexies are quite tiny - the sides are only 3/4" each! I do like small!

3 comments:

Cherie said...

That looks like a really cool pattern! What size are you making the hexies?

Nic said...

Love it! Looking forward to seeing it come together

Ada Kopitopoulou said...

You selected nice colours. This Design Seeds is fun, very inspirational.