With some help from hubby we decided on His and Hers. I picked fabric and thread to match the colour scheme of their living room and started the embroidery. I got most of the way through "HErS" when I realised the bobbin of thread I was using was not going to be enough. That was fine - from my cross stitching days I have plenty of bobbins of most colours. I pulled out the other bobbins labelled 318. Out of four bobbins only one was the same colour. I don't know whether the dye lots were different or the people from whom I had inherited some of the threads had incorrectly labelled, but whatever the reason I had a problem.
They are different colours. But I think you have to look hard in natural daylight to tell. Next the quilting. Because it was fairly last minute I decided to try Frixion pens for the first time. They really work! I had some second thoughts about the quilting half way through but I like how it turned out.
Due to a power cut at in inopportune moment yesterday, I only got these finished this morning, but they are all ready for the Bride and Groom. Each mug rug is 10" x 7". The front and binding is all Kona Solids, and the back is Saltwater from Tula Pink.