Wednesday, 3 September 2014

WIP Wednesday [ABC]

Yesterday and today I've been working on a project I haven't touched since July - my mini version of the Tula Pink Modern Alphabet. I didn't want to commit the time or fabic to another lap quilt, but I love the design and quilting on this and I'm on a mission to cover our walls with minis! I've now worked out the cutting for the smaller blocks twice, as I lost the piece of paper the first time... note to self, check pieces of paper before throwing away!

This is where I was on Tuesday morning


And this is where I am now!

I need to add a border - I'm thinking 2" wide. This is a quilt I'm really looking forward to quilting! I've just noticed there's something wrong with the bottom corner - it needs to look like the top but mirrored. And it doesn't. Hmmm - tomorrow's job...

I've also been working on a present for my brother and his fiancee who are getting married this coming weekend - I enjoy the pressure of leaving things to the last minute.... I'm halfway there


Linking up with WIP Wednesday.

6 comments:

Sandi Crafty Planner said...

I love your mini alphabet. It is really striking in one color palatte.

One English Teacher said...

Wow! You accomplished so much in a day of piecing. That modern alphabet has such a fun vibe.

DianeLoves2Quilt said...

Love your alphabet. It reminds of little graphic semaphore flags but since they are green they are for land and not sea. Cute!

8bitellie.com said...

Very cute mini alphabet! Good luck getting your gift done in time :)

Sabrina said...

Your mini alphabet is adorable!

pennydog said...

Wow, someone has been good and allowing Mummy some serious sewing time!