Sunday, 12 October 2014

Mix Tape Progress

In September this project finally found a cause. I'm finishing it off as a large-ish lap quilt for my sister-in-law to gift to a 13 year old girl who has just been put on the list for a heart transplant. What was originally a single mix-tape block from Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine has become a 60" x 60" quilt!

I've sized up the front with Kona black and Ikea Britten...
I convinced hubby to help with the holding up!

...And the back is a giant mix tape! I've appliqued "Chloe" and the reels and this morning I've added more Ikea Britten to bring it up to size.

But I decided to crop him out of this one!

I'm hoping to baste and quilt it this week! I'm still tagging this as a "mini quilt" because that was how it started...may need to review that!

No comments: