Wednesday, 1 October 2014

WIP Wednesday [boats]

After a few days of progress I have finally finished piecing the sailing boat blocks to go with my fishing boat blocks.

A friend of ours moved to Moldova a couple of years ago, got married, and he and his wife have just had their first child. He comes from the North-East coast and Moldova is land-locked so we thought a sea-themed quilt would be nice. I searched for boat patterns but couldn't find anything I liked so I turned my had to create my own foundation pieced patterns for the first time.


I made the fishing boats a few weeks ago. Now I need to do the straightforward part of this quilt!


Linking up with WIP Wednesday

6 comments:

Sandi Crafty Planner said...

Your boats are fantastic!!!

pinewood said...

Cute boats, this will be a great fun quilt.

Steffi´s Candy Quilts said...

The boats are beautiful, you did a great job in designing them yourself.

rachelk said...

The boats are wonderful! Would you consider sharing your pattern? I've been thinking about making a boat quilt for my grandfather who is getting older but has always loved to sail.

Karabeta said...

Gorgeous boats, can't wait to see the finished top.

LynCC said...

Your boats are terrific - I really like the details on them, like the stripes on the sails. Nice job. :)