Skip to main content

Quarter 3 [round-up]

You all thought I was stupid, didn't you? With my list of 17 projects at the start of the quarter and a baby girl. Go on, admit it, you did! Well.... not so much "sleep-deprived stupidity" as "sleep-deprived genius"! Of the 17 projects that I started with I have finished 12!

Finish Along 2014

I've already started thinking about Q4 (it's going to be epic) but before I share that, let me show you how I did this quarter! First up is my Post Card Quilt - this is the finish I'm linking up with this post as it was only finished at the end of September. But it deserved a post in its own right, so you can read more about it in this post.

In short, it was a great quilt along hosted by Debbie at a Quilters Table, which I used to showcase my lovely text prints. And because I don't have the right type of fabric for the front of postcards, I used solids and added interest with free motion quilting - my first time attempting this motif - not my last!


Here are my other finishes:

The Mini Medallion: I purposely chose a colour scheme outside of my comfort zone, i.e. no green. And I love it!

A Cross Cushion - I free motion quilted lines in each of the block, alternating horizontal and vertical and left the cross unquilted - I absolutely love the texture!



Tula Pink Modern Alphabet Mini: I loved the lap size version of this quilt, but that much white in my house - nope! So I shrunk it and it now hangs on the wall.


Swooning in a Crowd - this started as a plan to make nine mini swoons but I got bored half way through so just randomly pieced the rest of the fabric together - it made my head hurt! I've called it Swooning in a Crowd because you can barely find the Swoons - disappointing as they take so long to piece...


Buggy Blanket II - using up the remains from buggy blanket I. Again - a little lacking in contrast...



Nested Churn Dash - I made this quilt beginning to end in one month - I fell totally in love with the design the fabrics and the quilting!


My Tula City Sampler Cushion was a practice run before I quilt the full sampler. I might be my favourite finish of the quarter!



Arabella Hexagon Quilt II - I'm writing this up as a pattern so needed to make a second version as I gave the first version away...



Siblings Together Quilt - I got the bee quilt finished - I just need to get it posted now!



As a mummy who sews I felt I really should make a dress for Mia. And matching knickers!




And finally a fabric basket for the big stitch swap!



The things I didn't finish were my Skill Builder Quilt and my Sisters Quilt - both of which were not realistic (but a constant reminder). I tink these will now have to wait till next year before they reappear. I had a hexagon project I had cut but not really started. I haven't touched this. My big City Sampler is also untouched - I've been having issues with my machine and free motion quilting, so this needs to be fixed before I tackle it.

The final project which didn't get finished was my Mix Tape block. I've now pieced 15 blocks and got them together and this quilt has a purpose so I'm hoping to finish it very soon, but it will have to go into next quarter as I'm still waiting on the fabric I need to make a fabulous quilt back!



How did you do?

Comments

Marly said…
Jennie you amaze me! You must have averaged nearly one completed project a week! And all that with a small child. I take my hat off to you! Congratulations!
Lin said…
Great collection of finishes - well done. xx
Vera said…
Oh wow you done really well. Great parade of pretty projects!
Katy Cameron said…
Congrats on all your finishes!

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Agenda [A Finish]

This is very possibly my favourite ever finish - I know I've said that in the past, but this one is going to be hard to beat. This time last year, I attended a day long lecture/workshop with Tula Pink and it was inspiring. Having not really loved her fabrics in the past (but loved her patterns), I suddenly saw them in a new light, linked with my 2018 new year's resolution to try more fussy cutting). Fast forward 8 months and I confess that my Tula stash has expanded quite a lot. I found some UK shops with older ranges of fabric, splurged on a few destashes and found the odd piece of her fabric already in my stash. The plan was always (and remains) to make a Smitten quilt, but I'm well aware that I have plenty of fabric to make other projects as well! So when I saw the Hidden Agenda quilt pattern by Angela Pingle, this fabric sprung instantly to mind.... and we all know I love a rainbow! And what could be better than rainbowfied Tula? I was ably assisted by my friend Ti

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious

All the Little Finishes

 I've had a few recent finishes - mostly smaller pieces and mostly not on my list to finish this year (because I've only just started them!) - lots and lots of pouches! Here's a round up... Three pouches I made for the kids for our holiday - all are the Seamingly Sane Pouch pattern, but I used the pattern add-on to adjust the sizes and customised with some straps and in one case, a pocket. These three pouches are made for our work Yubikeys when we travel to protect them - it's a slightly adjusted Aneela Hooey pattern - the peas are an inside joke! I knew I had pea fabric for a reason! A couple more Seamingly Sane pouches - the smaller one was a birthday present for my Dad, and the floral one was for me to protect my diary when I travel. Seven pouches made entirely from my scraps to hold EPP pieces pre sewing! This is the Peekapouch pattern by Sweet Cinnamon Roses. This is the Not So Little Zippy Pouch by Fabric and Flowers. The pattern is a bit of a challenge, but this

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more