Skip to main content

Finish Along Q4 [the most ambitious ever]

After the success of "Sleep Deprived Stupidity" I've got to follow it with an even more ridiculous list! I've taken off some of the really unrealistic goals and these will reappear next year. In theory, every single one of the projects in the list below is achievable....ha ha!

Loads of people we know are expecting, or have just had babies, so there are a few baby quilts on my list: first up one with butterflies...

...And one with boats...

...these fabrics will become a quilt I've designed myself... I hope I've worked out the cutting instructions correctly! The royal blue is my background fabric - yummy!


...and these fabrics will become a Preppy the Whale quilt - I love this rainbow of colours.

And then there's these fabrics - I'm hoping to make the prints the star of the show and I'm planning on risking some fussy cutting!

There are a couple of full size quilts I want to finish: The Aspen Glow quilt is part of a quilt along at Cora's quilts. I'm a little bit behind, but I can still catch up...

...and the Vice Versa quilt, other wise known as my husbands Hangover Blankie! This was a BOM and I am very very behind. But just this week I cut all the fabric for the remaining blocks, so I should be able to piece them pretty quickly!...

...and the Essential Sampler Quilt - because I'm just so close!

...and the Joy Jelly Roll quilt: I wanted to finish this quilt in time for last Christmas, but was beaten by my own stupidity i.e. not enough fabric purchased. This has now been solved. I need to rebaste it and quilt it. But I'm using wool wadding and may regret it...
...and the Mix tape Quilt


Years ago when I first started quilting, I took part in a BOM run by our LQS - I made all the blocks but never dd anything with them. I had a biro accident with one of them and not enough fabric to remake it - I've learned my lesson but it left this project stalled. Times move on and we have a baby and a rather hard fireplace. My romatic husband bought me a maternity support pillow last Christmas that was absolutely useless, so we've re-purposed it to sit on the fireplace. But it has a plain white cushion cover - not a good thing in our house, so I'm going to put my favourite blocks together for a giant cushion cover.



And I have some minis to finish because sometimes I can't control myself when I see a pretty one and I have to start it NOW! First up is the Wild Flowers EPP quilt I made on holiday. It's basted and I think I'm going to hand quilt it...

...the Teardrop Mini I made a few weeks back. I don't know how I'm going to quilt this...

...our Slainte Sign to hide the holes in the wall. I've nearly finished the embroidery....

...Preppy the Whale Mini for Mia's room...

... the wedding mini quilt which has been embroidered for a while, but needs to be appliqued...

...The girl with lists is embroidered, but I need to decide how to finish her....

The Instagram Mini Swap... I've made a start

...An Elephant cushion - I started this years ago as a sampler quilt - you can tell from the creased look - and this is as far as I got. I'm going to finish it as a cushion for Mia's room... and yes - I do know where the missing hexagon is.

...In November I'm booked to go on a class with Jennie Rayment. This will be the second time. Last time we made this wall-hanging. I should really finish it before I start new projects with her, shouldn't I? You see the curved edge to the two pink triangles at the bottom? They all need to look like that by rolling the folded bias edge and hand applique to fix it in place. Then quilting and binding. And then working out what the hell to do with it...


... and a birthday present for a friend...

And with it only being a few weeks till Christmas (ha ha) I have some presents to get finished - most involve zips - here are some sneak peaks of nine of them... three sew together bags and 6 zippy pouches

...and this is the embroidery for the tenth - another zippy pouch

There are a couple of Christmas presents which don't involve zips - the Hydrangea Embroidery which is so close to being finished....

...and two advent calendars for my niece and nephew. They still have a way to go before they look like advent calendars - and I need to hope my husband doesn't eat all the sweets I've bought to fill them. The fabric on the left is the backing fabric, basted to the plain white fronts and ready for some cross-hatch quilting. The fabric on the right will be the pockets. There will also be applique and embroidery. Hopefully.


And finally a secret sewing project - all I can show you is the fabric! This one may be the exception to "everything is achievable"...

That's 34 things (if I've counted correctly - I've run out of fingers and toes). Hmmm. But there are quiet a few smaller things on this list - more so than normal.So I think it's manageable. Did I mention I'm going back to work soon? I guess I'd better link up and make this rather daft list public!


Finish Along 2014
ETA - the post has been up just a few hours and it has been pointed out that it's not 34 things, it's 35!

Comments

your sample quilt is beautiful...and i don't usually like sample quilts......hope to see this one finished at the end of the quarter!!
good luck!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Agenda [A Finish]

This is very possibly my favourite ever finish - I know I've said that in the past, but this one is going to be hard to beat. This time last year, I attended a day long lecture/workshop with Tula Pink and it was inspiring. Having not really loved her fabrics in the past (but loved her patterns), I suddenly saw them in a new light, linked with my 2018 new year's resolution to try more fussy cutting). Fast forward 8 months and I confess that my Tula stash has expanded quite a lot. I found some UK shops with older ranges of fabric, splurged on a few destashes and found the odd piece of her fabric already in my stash. The plan was always (and remains) to make a Smitten quilt, but I'm well aware that I have plenty of fabric to make other projects as well! So when I saw the Hidden Agenda quilt pattern by Angela Pingle, this fabric sprung instantly to mind.... and we all know I love a rainbow! And what could be better than rainbowfied Tula? I was ably assisted by my friend Ti

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious

All the Little Finishes

 I've had a few recent finishes - mostly smaller pieces and mostly not on my list to finish this year (because I've only just started them!) - lots and lots of pouches! Here's a round up... Three pouches I made for the kids for our holiday - all are the Seamingly Sane Pouch pattern, but I used the pattern add-on to adjust the sizes and customised with some straps and in one case, a pocket. These three pouches are made for our work Yubikeys when we travel to protect them - it's a slightly adjusted Aneela Hooey pattern - the peas are an inside joke! I knew I had pea fabric for a reason! A couple more Seamingly Sane pouches - the smaller one was a birthday present for my Dad, and the floral one was for me to protect my diary when I travel. Seven pouches made entirely from my scraps to hold EPP pieces pre sewing! This is the Peekapouch pattern by Sweet Cinnamon Roses. This is the Not So Little Zippy Pouch by Fabric and Flowers. The pattern is a bit of a challenge, but this

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more