Thursday, 13 September 2012

Ingredients

The quilt top is finished. And now I have collected nearly all of my ingredients together to tackle the quilting:

Quilt top

Quilt back

Wadding (I went for an 80/20 blend of cotton polyester which I've never used before, but comes highly recommended, because it was available in black and with both back and front having a lot of black I didn't want any bearding to show).

Basting spray

Needles and thread

And a brand new walking foot! An early Christmas present. I've never used one before so I think I'll be making a practice piece first.

Just one ingredient missing ....

....time

4 comments:

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

You will love your walking foot and wonder how you have managed so far without it :) I love your top and am so looking forward to seeing it all finished. hugs

Nic said...

Love the fabric you chose for the back.
The black wadding is interesting. I hadn't considered that. Might be something to consider myself. I look forward to seeing what you think of it.
Hope you find that missing ingredient soon.

Karen M said...

You are going to LOVE the walking foot. I happen to have the exact same one you have. I got it to use with the machine I bought about a year ago. This is the first time I have ever had a walking foot. It is heaven. No more ripples when sewing on binding. It is great for straight-line quilting.

Cherie said...

I hope you do find the time to get it done, even if it's just an hour here and there. I'm sure it'll be a great finish. Good luck with the walking foot =D