I pulled out two ready-basted quilt tops, and first up was the butterfly baby quilt, which I've been piecing for the last few months. Baby Evie was born on 23rd December, so this needs to get finished now. I decided to go with a stipple: all over large-ish scale in the highly patterned fabric, then much smaller scale in the background of the butterfly blocks. I also outlined the butterflies (much more neatly than the boat blocks from the other day).
I made a critical mistake with the choice of stipple on a busy print with pale pink thread - I couldn't see where I had already quilted, so there's a few overlaps...
So the finished quilt is 36" x 40". The butterfly block is a foundation pieced pattern by Tartan Kiwi, and the large busy print is Theodore and Izzy Mountain Meadow by Andrea Turk for Camelot fabrics. I started with this fabric, matched a turquoise for the sashing and binding, and then pulled other fabrics from my stash that tied in with it and which weren't too busy for the butterflies. The backing is plain white and the quilting is all done with a pale pink 50w Aurifil.
This is another tick on my Finish Along list for this quarter