Earlier this week I quilted up my cross cushion. This has sat around for a while, firstly because I didn't know how to quilt it, and then because my machine broke. Once the machine was back, this was the first thing I did last Wednesday.
The quilting is straight-ish free motion lines approximately 1/4" apart in the background fabrics. I've left the crosses unquilted so they pop.
This morning I pieced the cushion back. A recent reorganization of my sewing space meant it took a while to find the green fabric. I hadn't really planned on piecing it, but felt that on the sofa next to my Tula City Sampler cushion, which had a pieced back out of necessity, it would look a bit sad if it was plain. I used the curry leaves from Botanics (with a little pop of metallic) and one of the text prints I'd used on the front to make it a bit more interesting, and I continued my buttonhole success with three buttons.
The binding has been sat on my shelf, pressed and wound, for months now, so it was nice to finally be able to use it. I caused myself some bother by not checking I had the quarter-inch set after playing with buttonholes, but with a litte TLC it fits! I totally hadn't intended the pink to line up with the pink, but aaccidents happen.
Our sofas are quite large and it's so much comfier with a cushion. My mother and my mother-in-law agree. However, my husband doesn't require a cushion and has been making rude comments about the recent spate of cushion finishes, so there may not be many more for a while.... or if there are, I'll sneak them in when he's not watching!
The finished cushion is 19.5" x 19.5" - It was 20" square before the quilting! The fabrics are all from my stash and include Tula Pink, Kona Solids, Pearl Bracelets, Architextextures, Botanics, Alison Glass, Comma, and Art Gallery. The texty fabrics have been a bit harder to name as I don't have the selvages on most of them.
This is another tick of my Q3 Finish Along List - you can find the list here - I'm thinking of changing the title to Sleep Deprived Genius!