I just can't control myself and have to tell you all how gorgeous the Vignette quilt is. I started the embroidery yesterday and it is fabulous. I was stitching all afternoon and into the evening and only got as far as the first butterfly so I think it's going to take some time to get it done, but I am enjoying stitching it: I've swapped the tiny chain stitch on the butterfly for a line of light brown backstitch with a line of pale pink backstith right next to it (the pale pink on it's own is too light on the calico - it needs the brown to contrast against it). I think I now need to order some more embroidery thread as I'm getting through it pretty quickly! Happy stitching.
This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...
Comments