Skip to main content

Rainbow Squared [a finish]

I love this finish!


I smile every time I look at it! It started off with no real plan when I was making Mia's cat quilt. I cut pieces from over 100 different fabrics, and whilst I had them on the cutting mat, I also cut a 2.5" square of each. Once done I laid them out to have a look, added the dark reds, browns and blacks and decided to sew them together exactly as they were.


I hand quilted the cross hatch - picking the colour thread was the hardest part: white was too stark, turquoise was tempting, but with some help from my Mother-in-law I picked a very pale pink.



The back of the cushion is a dark blue print from Simply Colour by V and Co. which I found reduced earlier this year.


I finished this last week and Mia and I have spent the weekend arguing over whether it is Mummy's cushion or Mia's cushion - she's gradually coming round to my way of thinking!

This is another finish from my Q4 Finish Along list!

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

Comments

Lin said…
It's gorgeous!
Allison said…
Projects that just evolve can be very satisfying - no wonder you smile each time you look at your beautiful cushion 😀

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more