Skip to main content

February [review]

It's March! Already! February just flew by! I feel like I did a lot of sewing, but don't have masses to show for it as I was mostly working on the individual blocks which I've already shared in these blog posts here and here. The final total for the month is 64 blocks!

I'm nearly up to date on the Farmer's Wife - as of last night four blocks to make. I made 10 blocks in February bringing my total to 40.



I'm nearly up to date on the #365quiltchallenge - I made 27 in February and have two 3" blocks and the centre medallion to catch up on.



I made three Splendid Sampler blocks, there's one I don't like enough to make and another waiting for me.



I've started Mia's big girl quilt (finally) with two blocks.



And just yesterday I finally made a little more progress on the Baby's quilt with 4 blocks, which is just as well because her due date is getting closer - Five and a half weeks to go! I've also made 3 hand pieced blocks, including some Trapies. At some point I'm going to need a plan for these...



On the less blocky front I finished off the piecing on My Small World and started the quilting. This accounted for 15 more blocks though!


And on the non-sewing front, we now have a two-year-old big-girl in the house - no more cot, no more high chair... her choice!

We had a lovely family party to celebrate with a fabulous cake made by Mia's godmother: flowers and trains!



How was February for you?

Comments

Anthea said…
OMG Jennie I'm so jealous of all the sewing you've been doing! I'm loving all these blocks, they look amazing. And Happy Big 2 to your daughter, what a happy pic of her
Allison said…
All your blocks look beautiful and as usual you are managing to juggle lots of projects ☺ My February was good, lots of enjoyable sewing but few finishes! Maybe March will be the month of finishes?
I love all those blocks! Happy belated birthday, Mia!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more