I am well known for my ridiculously long finish along lists. But this may be the most ridiculous - not just by volume, but also due to the fact that baby number 3 is due in just over a week! I looked back to when Jess and Mia were born: Mia's finish along list was just 7 items (my lists have definitely got more ridiculous since 2014). I finished just one - her quilt. Jessica's finish along list consisted of 12 projects - I completed two items but also, in re-reading those blog posts, I've learned that achievable finishes and variety are the name of the game - I did plenty of sewing that quarter, just not from the list! So with that in mind...
1. Hidden Agenda: this is possibly my favourite non-finish from last year - one side is pieced, but the reverse will be the same pattern, mirrored and in all low volume - you've got to love friends who have bright ideas! All of the low volume pieces are cut and stored in bags. The square in square blocks are pieced. And somewhere safe. But due to baby brain I have no idea where that "somewhere safe" is at the moment. Biggest challenge of the quarter may be finding those blocks...
2. Quilt for baby: I'm feeling a little bit guilty about this one. By the time Jess and Mia were born, both had finished quilts. That just isn't going to be the case this time round, but I'd like to think it won't be too long after he arrives. I bought a kit from Craftsy - I just need to make it.
3. Tula Nova: this has been on a few lists now, but I'm getting closer each time. The EPP is done, and the next steps - piecing the background and basting the EPP ready for applique are jobs best done without a bump. But after that it's all hand piecing and sofa sewing.
4. Mermaid embroidery: this is reappearing on the list after a gap because I lost the pre-printed panel. It came from the US, brought back by my sister-in-law, and then it disappeared - I literally have no idea where it is. So when a friend travelled to te US last year and offered to bring me some things back, I reordered it. And I will get it embroidered and in a hoop nd on Mia's wall before I lose it again.
5. At the same time that I bought the mermaid panel, I bought a moon moth panel for Jess.
6. And when I replaced the mermaid panel, I bought an owl panel for the new baby.
7. Architextures and Botanics quilt: this is the quilt top that cme out of the #100days100blocks2018: I wasn't sure about it when I finished it, but it's grown on me, and I've decided on a backing. But sadly, the backing needs piecing - another job to do post-bump. I've ordered a lovey mustard thread to quilt it!
8. Awesome Ocean: I think this may have appeared on every list last year. But progress has been made and you never know, this may be the quarter!
9. Fancy Forest: another old-timer on the list - it's not quite as far along as Awesome Ocean.
10. Lisa the Unicorn: this is a quilt my sister-in-law has asked me to make for a friend and I've actually started it since the last list (when I had only cut it out).
11. I'm adding Ice Cream Soda. I know I still have a huge amount of work to do on it, but it's my project of choice at the moment, and that momentum may continue - I'd at least like to make some progress - may be a finished top.
12. Summer Sampler 2018: this project keeps coming to mind at the moment: the blocks will all be made from Palm Canyon, and I think it's the summery colours I want to play with.
13. Easter Sampler: started nearly 2 years ago... will it be finished for Easter 2019?
14. Round of Cats: I'm still at the "one block made" point in this quilt and the longer I leave it, the bigger it will have to be as Mia keep growing...
15. Row row row your boat cushion: I've been wanting to make this cushion for Jess for ages, but I finally found the perfect fabric for it.... if you see a crocodile, don't forget to scream! (in pink!).
16. Dachshund with ears: I've moved on from a while quilt - this just needs to be a cushion and it will take about 2 hours to get there.
17. It's Just a Phase embroidery: because it will be very appropriate - progress has been made since this photo.
18. Penguin Party: I started this last quarter with a view to it being a Christmas quilt, but ran out of energy - but only after cutting all the fabric - it's all sitting there ready to go under the needle. Totally achievable!
19: There's a quilt for Mia on the list, there's a quilt for the new baby on the list, so I'd better put a quilt for Jess on the list: I bought a kit from Craftsy featuring Trolls - her favourite! I should sew it before she decides she doesn't like it any more - when does the new Trolls movie come out? It's mostly a panel so how hard could it be?
20. Bjorn Bear rainbow quilt: the reject, but Aunty Barbara wants it... all the blocks are made.
21. Alison Glass Triangles - I want to make a pouch with them.
22. Swap mini quilt for a swap with the ladies (and gent) I made my 365 quilt with. No photos cause it's a surprise. But it will be a rainbow and sewing themed!
23. Crayons quilt for a baby born back in October. I haven't started it yet...But it will be scrappy.
Twenty-three is pretty normal for me. Right? I'm not crazy? Right?