Skip to main content

Meadowland [A Finish]



Another finish for you tonight! Back in March 2020, whilst Josh was napping and I was enjoying maternity leave, I was stroking a new parcel of Tula Pink Pinkerville fabric, wondering what to make with it. I'd just missed the Meadowland quilt along on Instagram and finished quilts were popping up everywhere. I took a deep breath, told myself it was only fabric, and cut up the entire bundle! Eek! It was a 20-piece fat quarter bundle and I needed 20 fat quarters. It was meant to be! In the space of an afternoon it was cut out.


I was all enthusiastic. For four blocks. I needed twenty, but I lost steam and once I'd gone back to work last June, I didn't pick it up again all year. Then just after Christmas a new Meadowland quilt along was announced - the perfect shove in the right direction. The plan was five blocks a week - there were a couple of weeks where it was close to the wire when I posted my blocks, but I kept up and by early March I had a finished quilt top.



The afternoon I sewed the final seam, my niece was visiting and she seemed to like. I made her an offer. If she liked it, and promised to stop stealing her Mum's quilt, I would finish it for her for her birthday. She promised!


So I had a week to get it layered and quilted. I very nearly ran out of thread, but I made it. And I had enough of the Purple fabric to bind the quilt too.





There were times where I was unsure about this quilt. Some of the individual blocks were lovely, but others jarred a bit. In the end, when it all came together, of course it worked beautifully! And the birthday girl seemed to like it. This was the last time we saw her before the crazy of coronavirus kicked in, so I hope she thinks of it as a hug from Aunty Jennie!


This is a finish from Q1 Finish Along list!

Comments

Quayquilter said…
Thanks for this - must look up the Meadowland design. I've trawled back through your past posts admiringly I made a quarter size Fancy Forest for a friend's baby - it took ages, It's a billiant pattern though.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious...

Labels

Show more