Skip to main content

June (and a bit of May)

It's Fresh Sewing Day at Lilly's Quilts, so I'm linking up!

Lily's Quilts

But I forgot at the end of May, so there are some pictures here from May too.
1. Farmer's Wife: I reached the 111 blocks total at the end of May - Wohoo! And I took the opportunity of a large carpeted area on holiday to decide on my layout.
2. Noah's quilt: Noah was born 16 June to Natasja and Ruben.
3. End of May I sent off my swap item for the Modern She Made Swap - a sewing machine cover with someembroidery.
4. Just last week I started sashing the Farmer's Wife blocks
5. June blocks for Stash Bee
6. Owl cushion (applique)
7. Amelia Jelly Roll Quilt - I finished stitching the binding on this just last night (just in time for the Finish Along) and I'll show you some more photos tomorrow.
8. Oh My Stars quilt - I know I showed this a few months ago, but I've now added borders and been able to photograph it in daylight. This morning we basted it ready for quilting.
9. Lots of baking for the Church fete - we raised over £370 on the cake stall and the fete raised over £5000!
10: TENBY (blogged here and here)
11. Mug Rug Swap
12. Ambrosia quilt - finished!

It turns out that I didn't blog much in June, but I did do a fair bit of sewing - hopefully this will carry on in July as I have lots of things not far off of a finish!

Comments

Such lovely projects. I love the Ambrosia quilt - pink and green are my favorites!! Have a Happy July :)
Cherie said…
Awesome set of projects there. Hope to see you get more done this month =D
Katherine said…
So many gorgeous projects. Glad the bake sale raised so much money and the fete's total is very exciting too.
Celtic Thistle said…
Great projects and well done on the money raised at the Bake Sale!
Isisjem said…
Seems like a very productive month to me!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Sweet Serenade Pincushions

This week has been about preparation, rather than sewing. I'm still hoping to meet my deadline of a full sized quilt by mid July - it's for friends that we don't see often - by which I mean, once a year, and that once a year is coming up quickly. I'm using Sweet Serenade by Basic Grey for Moda, which was released a few years ago now. I confess when I first bought it, I didn't have a plan for it, I just knew I liked it. But I also knew that it wasn't really my normal fabric choice. It was fabric I would enjoy sewing with, but perhaps not the end result so much. Then I realised it's colour scheme was perfect for these friends. I've spent this week cutting out all the pieces for the remaining 20 blocks. And by Thursday night when I finished I was feeling like I hadn't achieved much. Obviously I had and when I started piecing the blocks, they went together beautifully quickly. But I needed a quick finish on Friday Earlier this month, Fat Qu...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more