Whoops! It's been over a month since I last spent some time here... now it's time for some updates! Here's another of my new starts - a Tall Tales Quilt. This was a quilt along over on Instagram which I missed, but seeing all the block pop up and then the finished quilt tops, I had a brainwave for our summer: I could make blocks using some interesting fabrics from my stash, and Mia could write the stories that would be inside them. Mia managed a couple of blocks and then I just kept going without her. The finished quilt will be for her, so hopefully it will continue to inspire her.
The pattern is by @katebasti and it's foundation pieced, but very straightforward...I need 72 blocks in total for my planned layout, so someway to go still!
This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...






Comments