Skip to main content

Hungarian Paper Piecing

I'm heading for the airport in just over an hour, as soon as I've worked out how to close my suitcase! It's really frustrating because I am in the middle of so many exciting projects at the moment and so close to finishing some: Pac Mania just needs quilting and yesterday I finally got the needles I need for that; Daniela's quilt feels really really close to being fully pieced (though I may be underestimating the number of hours left) and yesterday I got the backing and batting; I have pieced half the blocks of Steph's quilt and have the backing and the batting; my hexie table runner is basted to the background and needs to be appliqued, and yesterday I got the backing and binding (more beautiful Art Gallery) - this project may yet fall into my suitcase..... and there are new BOM patterns which came out in the last few days which I really want to play with, and on Thursday Alyssa talked us through the FMQ on our first blocks and I'm dying to try this out.... that's life I suppose!

But I fully intend to do some sewing while I'm gone - I'll need something to keep me sane. So I've prepared some EPP - or HPP - to keep me busy....

A fat quarter bundle of Mama Said Sew....

... cut up into little squares....

....plus some papers and some Kona Ivory..... I'm all sorted.

I'm also taking my Pembrokeshire quilt with me. I've done more of this project in Budapest than I have in the UK, so last night, I finally added a border and the binding. I cheat a bit when I'm hand quilting a smaller project and I bind it before I quilt it so it's more manageable. I just need to do some echo quilting and stitch down the binding, and it seemed appropriate that I finished it off in Budapest.

I'm also taking a very small piece of embroidery - wouldn't want to run out of things to do, and wouldn't want to be tied to just one project!

And when I come back, maybe just maybe, I'll be getting a new computer with a space bar that actually works!

See you soon!

p.s. also when I get back I should have a bundle of Pearl Bracelets waiting for me, which I ordered this morning as my birthday present :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more