Skip to main content

WIP Wednesday [Jane's taken a trip]


I am back in Budapest - two weeks here, two weeks home, two weeks here. But then that's it - at least for now!

This time I've brought a friend with me! Jane came along for the ride and we've been spending some quality hand sewing time together the last few nights. My stay here is a bit different to last time - I'm here on my own, rather than with colleagues, which means I'm leaving the office, picking up a take away, and coming back to the hotel to read some blogs, do some sewing and watch season 5 of the West Wing (again) - I'm hoping someone at work has seasons 6 and 7 cause I'm nearly done with season 5 and I couldn't fit any more in my suitcase. It's a great way to unwind.

Here is my progress so far. I've brought with me five blocks to make using English Paper Piecing techniques. All of the papers are ready and the fabric is cut, so I'm basting and piecing. Here is the only one I've completed so far:

Apologies for the really crappy photo, but at the weekend I'll be in my hotel room in daylight and may get a better picture. The colour above isn't great - it's a really beautiful green in reatlity - I wish I new what the fabric was - I have it in a raspberry colour too, but they were both the last fat quarters in the shop and don't have that part of the selvage - any ideas?

This is block D-2: Mouse in a Mirror - don't you just love the names? I don't have a ruler with me, but I'm pretty sure that the short sides on those little triangles are less than half an inch. Basting was not easy! I've started basting my next block and I've also brought some DJ quilting out with me, so watch this space!

p.s. there's a patchwork shop just 200yards from the office - my manager (who is Hungarian) says she'll take me!

I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday to keep me on the straight and narrow!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Comments

Budsmam said…
That is so pretty, love the green and white combo, but don't envy you the itsy bitty pieces! Well done on keeping on track, I must get back on track too
I really like this block...soft subtle colors.
Celtic Thistle said…
A patchwork shop in Budapest, that sounds like fun!
Budapest... sounds very interesting! Love your pretty green block.
Nancy said…
What a sweet block. I love the shape(s) created by the green against the white. Will you make more of the same or different patterns for the rest of the quilt?
Wendy said…
Love your block! The green is really pretty. You said you are epp these blocks. How are you doing that? Could you do a tutorial to show how you are putting these together. It sounds like an easier way to do the blocks. I am at a stand still as I cannot find a method that I like thus far. Have not thought of epp though.
Lin said…
Sounds blissful to me - sitting in a hotel room with nothing better to do than sew and watch cd's! From here it sounds great but for you it might not be so good. Enjoy while you can.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more