Skip to main content

Alison Glass Triangles [A Finish]

Last Spring I signed up to a swap: baste forty 2" triangles with a pretty Alison Glass fabric, send them off and patiently wait for forty different triangles to come back. I signed up twice so I would have enough triangles for pouch panel.


Note to self... always check the requirements carefully signing up for things. I signed up because the swap was being run by friends... those same friends (I'm looking at you Maria @stitchy.stitchy) decided all basting should be thread basting... there is a very good reason I glue baste and this reinforced all my reasons. It. Takes. So. Long! And it is so dull... if I am going to spend time sewing, I want it to be productive. And thread basting does not feel productive. The 43 glue refills I used last year seem like a bargain!

Anyway, once I'd got over the thread-basting, I received a package of pretty little rainbow triangles. Which I then ignored for 8 months. I had vague plans of adding more triangles from my stash of fabrics not already represented. But I never got round to it, despite putting these triangles on my Finish Along list a few times.

It turns out last week Thursday was the day. For whatever reason, I glue-basted extra triangles and decided on a layout. A few evenings of piecing and I had a panel far too big for a pouch! But by a fluke, it turned out the exact size needed to make a rectangular cushion that would fit a cushion pad I already have! And as luck would have it, Saira @oliveandflohandcraft had a sale where I picked up some more Alison Glass to back it.


This became part of my new tradition of making something for me on my birthday each year... last year it was my Gypsy Wife that I finished, and while this isn't a full quilt, it is very pretty and I'm quite attached to it. Sadly, other family members also seem to be quite attached to it. Mia would like it...


My mother has tried to steal it...


And if I made one for every family member who has dropped "subtle" hints, I'd need to make another 6 cushions. It's not happening, guys!

This is my first Finish Along finish for the quarter. You can find my original list here.
finishalong logo 125px

Comments

Lin said…
I can see why they would all want one! xx
Julie said…
This is beautiful!! I adore Alison Glass for her prints and color. O can see why they want it! Congratulations on your finish on behalf of the 2019 FAL team.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more