Skip to main content

August [weaning and sleep training]

I don't think August was my most productive month ever, but I really enjoyed the mix of sewing and non-sewing.

The month started with a week in Sidmouth. It was so different this year with Mia, but my parents did exactly the same 29 years ago. And I didn't enjoy it any less for having her there. She seemed to enjoy herself and really grew during the week there - we started weaning while there and she seems to love her food!


I got some hand sewing done during the week - the Wildflower pattern from the last issue of Love Patchwork and Quilting. It was another of those colour combos which when I showed my Mum the pieces, she turned her nose up, but as she saw it coming together she really started to like it.


Whilst at Sidmouth I picked up an old pillow case in a charity shop. I cannibalised it for the back of the quilt, enlarging it with some improv piecng of the scraps left from the EPP. Only problem is that I love this too, and I haven't decided yet whether to make one quilt front and back or two quilt fronts...


One of the less pleasant parts of Sidmouth was the sleeping arrangements for a certain person who refused to sleep in her travel cot. It was so bad that when we got home I was determined to start sleep training. And she took to it like a duck to water. So I have my evenings back. So I can do a bit more sewing. And touchwood, she's even having naps now....

I've used this time to finish off my Siblings Together quilt.


And finish another cushion cover.


And make lots more mix tape blocks - I even have a plan for them now!

And we had a family wedding...


We spent the bank holiday weekend reorganizing the house, including my sewing space, which meant no sewing for me for four days. And when I'm not allowed to sew, my mind buzzes with ideas, so I have huge plans for September!

Linking up with Lynne!

Fresh Sewing Day

Comments

Joanne said…
Brilliant makes! I love that plus cushion!!
Diane-crewe said…
sounds like a good month to me xx
I love Sidmouth and that area. We used to take our boys down to stay at the beach chalets in Branscombe when they were babies.
nice plus cushion. very cute.
Wendy said…
you got a LOT done considering you've got a little baby - you got a LOT done anyway! Love that cushion.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more