Skip to main content

May [Fresh Sewing Day]

It's June today. I can't believe how fast the year is flying by. So how did May go? Not too badly - some finishes, some starts, some works in progress. Catching up. Running behind.

First the finishes:

A baby quilt from my own pattern called Bubbles. I hadn't really planned on finishing it but we got to meet the recipient rather earlier than we expected, so it needed to be done quickly. It was also my first attempt at pebble quilting. And I entered it in the Bloggers Quilt Festival.

Two sets of place mats for two happy brides and grooms: a blue set with foundation pieced stars and a black, white, grey and red triangles set.


A cushion for the Modern She Made Swap - I really could have kept this!

But I got a fantastic sewing machine cover. (If I could get logged on to Flickr today, I would link through to my amazing swap partner - but I can't)

And the big one - Daniela's Quilt! All 116" x 166" of it! Quilted and bound!

I've got some WIPs that have seen some progress too, including some BOMs: Steph's quilt is now quilted - just need to bind it!

I've done another block in both the Skill Builder BOM and the Lucky Stars BOM. Though I'm still behind on both of them. And I haven't even looked at the Gen X BOM.

And I just about got the June block in my own BOM completed in time!



Debs's Quilt - this is the quilt I'm making for my Dad to give to some good friends. I now have all 30 blocks made and I've run out of the yellow background. I'm hoping to pick up some more this week and the whole quilt needs to be finished finished by the 21st of June!

And some starts.... a baby quilt called Indian Summer, because it uses the new Art Gallery range of the same name which is fully pieced, and now needs to be quilted and bound.

The Tula Pink City Sampler - I'm loving this!

And some random foundation pieced blocks - which I love! But I don't know quite what I'm going to do with them (the original reason is no more).

But some things didn't get touched this month: My Dear Jane Quilt has been untouched since March. I really hope to do some more blocks for this in June. I had also hoped to finish a quilt top for the Festival of Strings, but unfortunately the one block I started with remains lonely.... Ellie-Jo's quilt is still unquilted - I really should try and give it to her before she becomes a teenager!

I'm linking up with Lily's Quilt - what have you been up to this month?
Lily's Quilts

Comments

ChristaQuilts said…
Thanks for sharing such beautiful eye candy!
Diane-crewe said…
not had time to be bored then xx
You've had a busy month! Wonderful makes :)
Ajka said…
That's the beauty .....
Ajka

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more