Skip to main content

A severe case of startitis

Because I need new projects like I need a hole in the head! [warning: phone photos only because I'm feeling lazy]

But when Issue 3 of Quilt Now arrived yesterday and I had a quick flick through it, I knew I had to make myself a Teardrop Mini Quilt. I went to sleep last night dreaming of navy, green and a flash of pink. Tonight I need to go to bed dreaming about how to quilt it!

This isn't the only thing I've started this week... a friend is having a baby girl later this year and I decided to make a butterfly quilt for her. I picked Tartan Kiwi's foundation pattern - by far the best butterfly I could find. But it's good because it has a LOT of pieces! It took me ages to cut the fabric, create the templates (I use freezer paper for foundation piecing) and then piece it. So much so that I'm debating my plan to make three of these blocks, and maybe go with one. We'll see how that works out. For the time being I am really pleased with my one block!

I've also started a small embroidery. Inspired by this pin, I'm embroidering a hydrangea for my sister-in-law for Christmas. At their wedding a few weeks ago, there were hydrangeas everywhere, so I thought this was appropriate.

And I've started a mini quilt to go above our TV - it's sole purpose is to hide the hole in the wall from the picture that use to hang there. I'm sure polyfilla is cheaper, but not as much fun! The question is, what will it spell?

I started cutting the fabrics for a Baby size Preppy the Whale quilt: hubby's work colleagues are also expecting a baby this side of Christmas... I may struggle to give away this quilt with such a perfect rainbow of colours!


And I'm not done with starts yet: another friend gave birth to a baby girl on Friday. Babies mean quilts. I'm tempted with one of the patterns in  A Quilters Mixology so watch this space.

I really need to try and finish a few things this week - the end of the quarter is coming fast and I'd like to squeeze in a few more finishes!


Comments

Kay said…
You certainly intend to keep busy. Have fun. x
Sarah said…
You seem to flit from project to project. I've heard the term is quilters ADD. I have it too! I hope you get all yours finished though. I get bored with things, or fall out of love with them and don't get them finished. My guess for the word above the tv is slack?

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more