Skip to main content

Coral, Queen of the Sea [A Finish]

So in my last post, you will have read about how I found a Little Red Riding Hood doll panel, but by the time I cam e to stitch it, I had two daughters who needed dollies. I went on a hunt online and found a mermaid doll - perfect for Mia. And it turned out that the panel was in stock at the fabric shop just a few minutes drive from where my dad use to work. I rang the shop, and they put one aside for me. I warned them it was my Dad coming in to pick it up. He's a good-un so he popped in on his way home from work one night and the ladies in the shop immediately knew who he was!


 It still took a few months for me to get round to making her. The pressure of a million things to do before we went on holiday seemed the perfect time to add this to the mix - wouldn't it be great for the girls to have new dollies when we go camping. Thank goodness she only took a few hours one evening to make up.

Mia loved her in her little suitcase, and she certainly helped entertain the kids in the tent!


This is a Finish Along finish. You can find my original list here.

Comments

Karen M said…
So cute! I love the little suitcase to keep everything together. You dad really is a good-un.
It's a lovely present for going camping! Congratulations on the finish! *waves pompoms* *rests arms*
Cut&Alter said…
Oh wow this is gorgeous - what a great finish! Perfect for girls in a tent. Thanks for taking part in the FAL from all the FAL hosts!
Sophie Zaugg said…
It's such a lovely doll. Congratulations on your finish!

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Autumn 2012

This weekend it's the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side Since the last festival I have finished loads of quilts which I could enter, but I'm sure anyone who follows my blog will have guessed which quilt I'm entering.....and will probably be fed up of seeing it by now :) The Farmer's Wife Quilt - here's the story and lots of photos! In June 2011 some of my favourite bloggers joined the Farmer's Wife QAL on Flickr and I got sucked in! I had just learnt how to foundation piece, so I also joined the Yahoo group and "borrowed" my parents printer to print off all of the foundation patterns. I hate templates, and there were some blocks that would have been impossible to rotary cut - including some of my favourites! Peaceful Hours; Spiders Web; Jackknife Century of Progress; Night and Day; Wood Lily I had been looking for an excuse to buy use batik fabrics. I just had to decide on black. Or white. I change my mind a...

Meet Mia

***warning - lots of photos*** It is the first of March and therefore time for a review of what I achieved in February. There was some sewing for the first 23 days - I finished the quilt for Baby I made progress on the quilt for a friend's Baby and I finished my Thread Along Quilt  top I made some Dear Jane blocks (you can see them here , here and here ) and some Farmer's Wife Blocks And then on 24th February I went into labour and 12 hours later at 11.26pm we welcomed Amelia Lily to the world. Mia for short, weighed 9lbs 1 oz (4110g). We came home on Thursday after a few days in hospital and now we are juggling feeds, nappies and sleeps. Three hours old I love how suspicious she looks in this picture... We had a very handmade home coming with a knitted cardi and blankie from Grandma - my name was mud as the blanket was over 230 rows each with over 230 stitches plus a border.... I don't knit so I don't really understand - Grandma made sure I ...

365 Quilt Challenge 2016 [A finish]

I can't believe I've just typed that heading! When I made the block for January 1st 2016 I could not have imagined the journey this quilt would have taken me on. So make yourselves comfortable and grab a cup of tea, because this blog post may get lengthy! I'd seen the 365 Quilt Challenge on Facebook. I think every quilter on Facebook must have been aware of it. Loads of my friends had signed up and it kept popping up as a "Page you might like" thing. In the end, in November 2015, I joined the group, had a poke round. Decided it wasn't for me. One of the things that really put me off were the fabric requirements: you needed x amount of dark dark fabric, x amount of medium dark fabric, x amount of dark medium, medium, light medium, light, background.... I just couldn't get my head round those requirements. I'd looked at the mock ups on the wesbite and couldn't bring myself to pick a colour. I put it to the back of my mind. But I had obvious...

Labels

Show more

Archive

Show more